Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There A Shortcut For Clicking:"msg, Block Sender, Yes, Ok" For Deleting Unwanted E-mail And Moving It To Trash?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 help!

help!

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:37 AM

Hi,
I have xp, new computer, sony

and I'm wondering, without usping spam filters, etc., (cuz I know they're available and what they do)
and without creating "rules", because I understand those too!

is there a way, when I come across an e-mail I want deleted and added to my blocked senders list, to do it more quickly and efficiently than the 4 step process of selecting it, othe than clicking on "message", "block sender", "yes", "ok"?

thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:33 PM

What email program are you using.

#3 help!

help!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:54 AM

sorry, I didn't even think to put that, dumb....

outlook express!

thanks for asking

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do it right now within outlook express except through the menus. The next version, coming with IE7, may offer easier methods to do this.

#5 help!

help!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:10 PM

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do it right now within outlook express except through the menus. The next version, coming with IE7, may offer easier methods to do this.

ok, thanks anyway!! I thought there was something like a "macro" thing or something someone told me about once, that you can type a shorthand thing and it'll do something like this, but what do I know!!

thanks

#6 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:11 AM

ok, thanks anyway!! I thought there was something like a "macro" thing or something someone told me about once, that you can type a shorthand thing and it'll do something like this, but what do I know!!

thanks

You can doenload a program called 'spambayes'. It's a freeware spam-filter for MS Outbreak, excuse me, MS Outlook and Outlook Express. It allows you to 'delete a mesage as spam' with one click.

#7 help!

help!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:29 AM

oh...........ok, thanks.........I'll think about that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users