Honestly most av's cannot keep up with today's infection no matter how good they claim
I personally use Kaspersky internet security suite and I have not had any problems.
But I do not surf the web very ofter other than to do logs check email etc.. unless needed.
Please open up Notepad
and copy all of the items in the code box below.
Change the "Save As Type"
to "All Files"
. Save it as fix.reg
on your Desktop.
on your Desktop and double-click on it. When it asks if you want to merge with the registry, click YES.
You can then delete that file after it merges.
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the Uninstall, it needs to be there.
===============Update JavaYour Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) and save it to your desktop.
- Scroll down to where it says "(JRE) then click on it
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
======================Clear out infected System Restore points
Then we need to reset your System Restore points.
The link below shows how to do this.
How to Turn On and Turn Off System Restore in Windows XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405/en-us
If you are using Vista then see this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...143.html#manual
Delete\uninstall anything else that we have used that is leftover.
After that your all set.
===The following are some articles and a Windows Update link that I like to suggest to people to prevent malware and general PC maintenance===Windows Updates
- It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.Prevention article
Some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections please read the Prevention artice by Miekiemoes. "How did I get infected in the first place?"
Also this one by Tony Klein.If your computer is slow
Is a tutorial on what you can do if your computer is slow.File sharing program dangers
Reasons to stay away from File sharing programs for ex: BitTorrent,Limewire,Kazaa,emule,Utorrent etc...
===Free antimalware tools used for on demand scanning and cleaning no real time unless purchased===Malwarebytes Antimalwaresuperantispyware
===Free antivirus links===
This is antivirus and antispyware. Microsoft Security Essentials
This is free antispyware protection and Antivirus protection. AVG free 9.0
This is just antivirus protection. Antivir
This is antivirus and antispyware protection.Avast