Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran combofix with success. Now what?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stayathomegeek

stayathomegeek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

I have eight computers in my house, and they're all infected with that bleeping search redirect thingy. I just ran combofix (against medical advice, shame on me) so after you forgive me, (please?) tell me I can post my log here. Do I just swipe and copy it here? Or elsewhere? Not sure if I'm in the right place.

It certainly seems to have worked (on the first computer I tried) and I understand that there may still be other issues.

I have seven computers to go, and then three for a relative.

Hey, how did all my computers get this thing anyway? When this is all over, I'm going to click that paypal donate button, then go out and celebrate.

It's so cool to go to a site and have it just stay there. What a concept.

stayathomegeek :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

Hello stayathomegeek,

Just so you know, it's best to have separate topics for the different computers. If you have more than one topic open at the same time, please put in the title something like Computer 1, Computer 2, to avoid confusion. Please be sure to isolate the infected computers so they don't spread the infections to other computers.

For the infected computers that you DID NOT run CF on:

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

For the computer/computers that you DID run CF on.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users