Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

convert the audio from an mpeg to a cd???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chickensalad

chickensalad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hi, I'm new. I'm new and clueless (in general).

I have two mpegs ( I think, they are videos from a digital camera uploaded to my pc).

The mpegs, or videos, uh, the thingys, are of people singing. I was wondering if it is possible to take the audio from the mpeg videos and put it onto a cd???

:thumbsup: THANKS!

I was hoping to give the cd's to a dj at a wedding to include in a either hilarious or disastrous toast btw...

Edited by chickensalad, 23 July 2010 - 03:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Repair-IT

Repair-IT

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

You can use a program like TMPGEnc Encoder, or you could use the freeware VirtualDub Mod and either demux it or save it out as as WAV audio. Once it is in this format, you can use Windows Media Player or any CD burning software to create the CD.

Edited by Repair-IT, 23 July 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#3 chickensalad

chickensalad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

You can use a program like TMPGEnc Encoder, or you could use the freeware VirtualDub Mod and either demux it or save it out as as WAV audio. Once it is in this format, you can use Windows Media Player or any CD burning software to create the CD.

Thanks! I'm going to google demux and then try the wav to cd option... :-)

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:17 AM

If you want more freeware choices:

Any Video Converter

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

SUPER

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Both programs output to several audio formats, in addition to their excellent video outputs. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users