Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless printr problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 foulpole

foulpole

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

I have a mac laptop with a wireless printer. The printer is an Epson workforce 610. The printer is showing full reception from the router. I had it set up by the geek squad when I bought it and they said it was ready to go. I have redone it myself by reloading the drivers and starting over myself. It prints after I redid the drivers and then it does nothing.

I need any help I can get, this is really annoying.

Thanks,

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DevonSchreiner

DevonSchreiner

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Does it print if you have it plugged into the printer? Or is it only giving you these problems when you are wireless?
Devon Schreiner
Tech Blog - TheTechBlender.com
Personal Website - DevonSchreiner.com
Twitter - @DevonSchreiner

#3 boethe

boethe

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Testing it with direct connection instead of wireless is a great suggestion.

I would also suggest testing it with security turned off on your router. Do this quickly and turn the security back on so that you don't leave your wireless open. But this would eliminate the possibility that there is something wrong with the encryption settings.

#4 foulpole

foulpole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

I don't have a cable to connect directly to the computer(wanting wireless so didnt buy it). The encryption is right (I think) because after I reloaded the drivers I printed of the test sheet and then an email.

Epsons FAQ said something about reseting the router. How would you do that? Just unhook the power or is there something else to do?

Thanks

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Well normally near where the power plugs in is a recessed reset button, you just hold that down for a few seconds...normally the lights will blink or something.

But that will reset all settings inside the router and you'd have to set them up again. This includes any and all security. Did you set up the router's wireless security?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 foulpole

foulpole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

No I didn't set it up. It got setup when we got the Internet setup from our phone company. Anyway it prints sometimes and not others. When it doesn't print, I get a error about something with the drivers. Should I delete everything in the 2 Epson folders and reinstall the drivers?

#7 DevonSchreiner

DevonSchreiner

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

Downloading the newest drivers definitely wouldn't be a bad idea. You can go to Epson's website and probably just install them over the other ones, you shouldn't have to delete or uninstall anything.
Devon Schreiner
Tech Blog - TheTechBlender.com
Personal Website - DevonSchreiner.com
Twitter - @DevonSchreiner

#8 boethe

boethe

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

It is very hard to fix problems that sometimes occur and sometimes don't occur, which is how you seem to describe the current state of functioning for the printer. You are more likely to figure out how to solve it if you can determine a repeatable sequence of steps which causes the problem and also steps which allow printing without the problem occurring. Now it may be that there is a random factor which keeps you from being able to repeat the failure predictably but I doubt it. Computers function based on deterministic science (no microscopic quantum mechanics). I suppose you could say the noise in your electrical power supply is nearly random but I doubt noise in your power supply is causing your printer not to print.

The other idea I would have is to write every single think down about what you see when it fails. You said something about driver error but I don't you gave the exact wording or the error. I think you said you are using a MAC computer; probably a little less knowledge here on that and you might want to also look for MAC specific help boards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users