Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can PC Recovery be undone!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NikiLynn

NikiLynn

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

My computer was running slow this morning, and Google Chrome kept shutting down on me. When I reboot it, I inadvertently did a PC Recovery. Yikes! I've lost my pics, internet settings, Quicken, everything! Now, I'm trying to do a System Restore, but it won't let me go back to a previous date/time...Have I really lost everything, or is there something else I can do to recover my precious information? HELP!

Niki

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Data recovery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_recovery

One program that I have used successfully, GetDataBack - Data Recovery Software - http://runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

Louis

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

sorry louis...
just adding something that I think very important...hope this ok...

if you want to use recovery software....dont you ever installing that software on the hardrive that contain the data that you want to recover...because that can damage you data...
attach the hardrive to another computer with different hardrive as OS (windows) and install the recovery software on it...and scan your hardrive....the one that you want to recover not the hardrive on that computer (OS and recovery software)...
please remember this...because this is the data recover key...if you still proceed install the recovery software on the hardrive that you want to recover...dont blame anyone if your data be corrupted or your hardrive cannot be accessible/open...

here the Step-by-Step Solutions for Common Problems on runtime website (or you can read the manual guide)
http://runtime.org/data-recovery.htm

all recovery software will not allowed you to install their software on the hardrive that you want to recover...hope you understand what I worried about the safety of your data and hardrive....
but I think you only can recover your data not you setting (internet, information,etc)...

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users