Thanks for the detailed feedback. I know that was arduous.
I am looking into getting a windows XP disc.
Let's create a bootable RC...
Please download ARCDC from Artellos.com
- Double click ARCDC.exe
- Follow the dialog until you see 6 options. Please pick: Windows Professional SP2 & SP3
- You will see a few dos screens flash by, this is normal.
- Next you will be able to choose to add extra files. Select the Default Files.
- The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCC
Your ISO is located on your desktop.
If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to change the boot order:
- As soon as you get an image, press the Setup key. This is usually F2, or Del. On some machines the key can also be a different one. It should, however, be stated on the screen which key is the setup key.
- Once you enter the computer's BIOS, use the arrow keys and tab key to move between elements. Press enter to select an item to change.
- Navigate to the tab, where you can set the boot order. It should be called Boot or Boot order
- The tab should now show your current boot order.
- If the CD-drive is not at the top, please navigate to the CD-Rom drive with the keys arrows. Then move it to the top of the list. The keys for switching boot position are usually + to move up and - to move down. However they can be different, but they should be stated in the help, so that you can find them easily.
- Once the CD-drive is on top of the boot order, navigate to Exit and select Exit saving changes.
Your PC should now boot from your RC-Iso.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R
to start the Recovery Console
When you are prompted, type the Administrator password
. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
A command prompt will open
Type the bolded one line at a time and press Enter
after entering each line.cd erdnt\hiv-backup
At the next prompt, type the following bolded text, and press Enter:batch erdnt.con
The erunt backups will begin copying.
At the next prompt, type the following bolded text, and press Enter:exit
Windows will now begin loading.
If not then please re-boot the RC and try these commands...chkdsk /r
then press Enter....fixboot
then press Enter
Type Exit and press Enter to re-boot