Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant restarts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 atasl

atasl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

Morning,

I have been having some trouble with my computer recently. I had a problem with some malware, which I bypassed by using SpyBot and then a system restore. Recently though my computer will not start. I have tried most boot options (Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration) and nothing works. But every now and then, it does start. I don't know what to do. I was going to take it in to a computer repair shop in town, but then it was working fine- then today I restarted it and it took me 6 or so tries to get it running again.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Repair-IT

Repair-IT

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

What OS? If Windows 7/Vista, you could put in OS disc and have it attempt Repair. If XP, you could try a Repair Install from the OS disc, however please do not do this unless you are experienced with it.

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

^ Given that he experienced 'problems' previously, I would suggest a CLEAN INSTALL of Windows, using the OS Disc.

Nothing like a fresh start. :huh:
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 atasl

atasl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

What OS? If Windows 7/Vista, you could put in OS disc and have it attempt Repair. If XP, you could try a Repair Install from the OS disc, however please do not do this unless you are experienced with it.

I have Windows 7 (that is what section this post was under right?). I upgraded from Windows XP. If I remember correctly, I downloaded the files to upgrade and did not receive any disc. Unfortunately right now, I cannot remember exactly what I did to upgrade...

*EDIT*

I found what file I need... well, I found the name of it that is. I downloaded it and created a DVD, which I cannot find of course. Is there a way to re-download the .iso file? The link that I had expired 30 days after it was created and I cannot find anything about re-downloading it on their web page.

Edited by atasl, 23 July 2010 - 10:30 PM.

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

This should shed some light.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 25 July 2010 - 03:05 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users