Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TimYH

TimYH

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

Hello you BleepingComputer Community members (I have to say i have always liked the name)!!

I have been reading through posts about malware and viruses in this community for quite some time. Always a great reference guide when I wasn't sure how to clean my computer or what exactly was the problem. Just reading has helped me get through a few virus scares in the past and cleaned up my system following the tutorials and other guides made available. I never really bothered to make an account of my own mostly because I figured with all the computers out there in the world today, at least one other member on BleepingComputer must have had my same problem so I can just look up his post and follow the general repair steps they took (not combo fix, I stayed away from that one like it says :thumbsup: ) but recently because of the amount of time I spend at work, I really don't have time to troubleshoot all of the virus problems myself. And just recently my computer has been hit with something not so friendly. I managed to clean some of it up and get my computer running almost normally (brought BSOD back to life and managed to clear out a good deal of the malware on startup) but there is still one little thing that is not right and I really can't figure it out. Working a 10-15 hour a day job is exhausting as it is, and coming home to try and fix one of my computers when every method I've used in the past doesn't work isn't really helping me relax.

So I've finally gotten off my lazy arse and registered an account here! I am very interested in the Malware and Virus identification and removal process and if I ever have spare time again, I would really like to try and enroll in the Malware Removal Training Course here. Always a useful set of skills to have under your belt nowadays. Also I always notice how many people do the one or two post thing to get an answer and then never come back. Sort of a shame really. Maybe if I get decent at Malware Removal I can lend a hand where I can and help take some of the load off of the Moderator team a bit. But we'll see about that in some time.

Meanwhile I hope to enjoy my time on this forum. I'll be browsing through some of the other sections and try and make some worthwhile contributions and comments on interesting topics I find. No trolling here.

Cheers! Glad to be here!
I like to think I know a bit about computers, I apologize if my advice is not sound or clear. I try my best to give good answers.

Line of Defense
aVast! | Comodo | Malwarebytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users