Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

altered DNS on starup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 freeway

freeway

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

First hello to all. This is a recent problem in the last 24 hours. Every time I start up, my DNS is altered. I run XP by the way. The DNS set itself to the following: 93.188.163.237 / 93.188.166.217.

This is not my DNS, so I reset it manually to my configuration, but during any reboot or restart it reverts back to the above rogue setting.

Any comments would be welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

That IP address resolves to trusted-dsn.com, a known malicious domain associated with malware. For that reason, I am moving this topic to the "Am I Infected? What Do I Do?" forum for malware removal assistance.

Edited by Andrew, 23 July 2010 - 12:13 PM.

#3 freeway

freeway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Ok, thanks for this information. I'm still searching for a fix. Malwarebyte was tried, but it will not open and run despite trying all of the tricks listed in the various forums. For now, I just enter the DNS that I used before this issue. The people involved in this are dirty swine!
Anyhow, when I do manually change the DNS, the system seems to work but I would of course feel better if I could get rid of this. Is ther no way to block them? Other fixes besides Malwarebyte?

Cheers again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users