Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft 0 day Exploit: Where do I start?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 teamo

teamo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

my cousin's computer was infected with the microsoft 0day exploit thingy, i plug my usb into his comp, i come home and now all the folders in that usb turn into shorcuts, those shortcuts wouldn't work so i formatted my usb because i didn't care much for the files on there.

but i would like to know if this thing had infected my comp now. the folders on my computer had not turn into shortcuts like what happened with the usb. Microsoft security essentials didn't give me any reports although i haven't done a scan with it, however i have done a quick scan with malwarebytes anti-malware and it didn't find anything. i know this thing gives off rootkits, i dont know much about finding rootkits, so what should i do to check if i'm infected?

also, how would i recover my data if i did wanted to keep them.

(windows 7 ultimate 64bit)

Edited by teamo, 23 July 2010 - 12:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users