Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, SpencerTeam here! You all are Really Grt 2 freely share your knowledge to help fellow user:) Good Karma!!! :)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpencerTeam

SpencerTeam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

Hello,

We have a few pc's which are running xp and they are networked and some time ago, I installed the paid version of AVG version 9 on the machines. They are also being SugarSynced - backed up online - however, many of the folders that were filled are now empty or have cryptic looking stuff inside and the add remove in control panel said that the AVG was RARELY used when I push update multiple times per day.

JS / Dropper is but one of the Virus / infections that show up on the different machines which run exchange server as well. Unknown what I should do. One of the other ones that appears is HTML - Redir" - infection. it's difficult to research and don't want to click on some drive by alleged help site only to install more problems. All pc's show different results with same (essentially, anyway) files / XP OS on them and wondering what to do.

Thanks again and I hope that I didn't post in the spot where I'm just to say hello and thank you for your help!

Many thanks and talk with you soon!

Best regards,

D.J.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpencerTeam

SpencerTeam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

Woops - sorry, I didn't read the simple rules - got too excited about fixing...!

Thanks again for your help!

Much appreciated! Take care and talk soon,

D + J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users