Hello and Welcome to the forums!
My name is Gringo
and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
Somethings to remember while we are working together.
1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!
3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.
If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Vista and Win 7 Users please Right Click and run as Admin all programs that I ask you to run: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
- C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Backup the Registry:Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.
- Please go here and download ERUNT.
- ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
- Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
- Use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
- Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
- Choose a location for the backup. Note: the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable.
- Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
- Click on OK
- Then click on YES to create the folder.
If it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exeDownload and run OTL:
by Old Timer
and save it to your Desktop.
- Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
- Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
- Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
- Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
- Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
- When done, two Notepad files will open.
- OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
- Please post the contents of these 2 Notepad files in your next reply.
Please also download MBRCheck
to your desktop
"information and logs"
- Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)
- It will show a Black screen with some data on it
- a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktop
- open this report
- Right click on the screen and select > Select All
- Press Control+C
- now please copy that report to this thread
In your next post I need the following
- Log From MBAM
- The two logs from OTL
- report from MBRcheck
- let me know of any problems you may have had
- How is the computer doing now?
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know
If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->
<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University