Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Backdoor.Tidserv!inf

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spectre_General

Spectre_General

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hi all,

I have been battling viruses all week, and am running out of steam. At first I had Antimalware Doctor, which was bad enough, but now Symantec is finding (and of course not doing anything about) Backdoor.Tidserv!inf, which is redirecting me all over, and probably let the other one in to begin with.

Anyway, I'm an utter novice. I just follow directions. So please help!

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Spectre_General

Spectre_General
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

Anyone?

I'm not sure how to generate random logs, and as MBAM doesn't recognize that there's a problem the log from my last scan doesn't seem like it would be helpful. Any help?

#3 Spectre_General

Spectre_General
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Bump!

I'm now on my computer at work, as my laptop will no longer even start correctly. Is there anyone out there who can help me tangle with Backdoor.Tidserv!inf? Pleeeeease?

Edit: Here's some extra info:
System: Windows XP running Chrome
Actions taken: Symantec, MBAM
Problems: Symantec warning "Backdoor.Tidserv!inf", Redirects in Google Chrome, slowdowns, now frozen booting.

Edited by Spectre_General, 24 July 2010 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users