Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is VFXDSYS.EXE or VFXDSYSADM.EXE a problem??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vfxdsys

vfxdsys

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hello,

I am not sure that I have a problem, but my computer surely does not seem to be running correctly.
Windows XP SP3 2Gig ram, 250GB HD, P4 2.4G 400, Nvidia 6200 video, NAV2008 updated recently, Linksys Router BEFSR41 v2

My problem......
My computer slows down to less than a crawl. Looking at windows Task Manager, I see several instances of JAVAW.EXE running consuming 99% of my CPU.
I have deleted them and they come back again & again. There is 1 instance with "ME" as the owner and 1-12 instances of "SYSTEM" owning the rest. If 12 are running they will all share the CPU and consume 99% of the cpu, if only 1 or 2 owned by "SYSTEM" are running they will still consume 99% of the CPU.

I downloaded SYSINTERNALS dot com "Process Explorer" and discovered that a program called VFXDSYS.EXE or VFXDSYSADM.exe starts or owns the rogue "JAVAW.EXE instances owned by SYSTEM", processes and when I KILL the VFXDSYS.EXE program the JAVAW.EXE programs owned by "SYSTEM" do not restart again until after rebooting.

I have sent these programs "VFXDSYS..." to VIRUSTOTAL for analysis and they report 0/41 identified problems.

I have scanned my registry for these files and they appear several times and appear to be connected to something called "VFXDSys Compatibility Synchronisatin" which I also can not find any information on.

I can not find much information on these 2 programs "VFXDSYS..." or any information on JAVAW.EXE getting infected with anything, but it seems wrong to loose the use of my computer to these programs consuming my CPU resources.

Do you know anything about these?

Thanks,
John

Edited by vfxdsys, 22 July 2010 - 08:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samstosur

samstosur

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hi John
I had this same issue but found it was because of a problem with some bug in the Java runtime that was installed on my PC. Apparently there is a java update process running in the background to update your version of java with the latest updates/fixes. However I heard there was a small bug in a recent update on the 22/07 that had an issue that caused the update process to go into an infinite loop. That was quickly rectified however whoever had their PC turned on those few seconds had already been affected by this bad update. If you have Windows Update running it should have already removed the buggy JRE patch and you should be running smoothly now.

#3 vfxdsys

vfxdsys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

Hello Samstosur,

Thanks for your input.

I do not want to seem unappreciative of your efforts, but I can not find any information on the internet confirming your statement above. Also, I have checked the update status of my JAVA version and it seems tht I have the latest version. And finally if your solution was actually correct, why does it also not appear on the JAVA website?

I am hoping that these interactions have not put me at the top of the list again affecting the time a "BC" helper actually tries to help me.

"BC Helpers" Are you out there?

Is my position in line, waiting for official help, damaged by being moved back to the top of the list with apparent helping replys?

Thanks
Byghtn3

Edited by vfxdsys, 29 July 2010 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users