Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office update question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Meanie

Meanie

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

I'm currently using Office 2003 but want to update to 2007. Am I required to backup my info in Outlook or will the update automatically accept all my data (contacts, emails, etc)? Anything else I should know will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TimYH

TimYH

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

I am not sure if it is automatic on a fresh installation of 2007, but I know for sure that Outlook 2007 can import in data (contacts, emails, calendars, etc) from older versions of Outlook through the Import/Export tool. Back up your data for sure. Note, depending on how many emails, contacts, and other data you have in outlook, the files may be very large. And backing up as well as importing them into Outlook 2007 will take a bit of time.
I like to think I know a bit about computers, I apologize if my advice is not sound or clear. I try my best to give good answers.

Line of Defense
aVast! | Comodo | Malwarebytes

#3 Meanie

Meanie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

As an FYI for those interested, though I couldn't believe 114 who viewed didn't know, the data was automatically imported.

Thank you Tim for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users