Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyhelp is help win32/cryptor also 1st post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 No_regretz

No_regretz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

after an anti viral scan AVG detected a win32/cryptor virus......
Initial stages prior to scan my whole system seemed to slow down and then as the internet connection was blocked i made a scan which had taken 10hours to complete compared to previous 1hour 30 mins. 76 seriously infected files and it seemed that these virus files were also duplicated and i had 2 continuous pop ups stating my system was infected and needed to have an antivirus installed. eventually an 'essential security 2010' window came up and i swiftly turned off my machine as i knew this was a virus.

I rang a friend IT technician who advised me and supplied me with malwarebytes 'rkill' and avast and also a laptop i could work from with a separate net connection so i could use help guides and search results.

I ran Malwarebytes following instructions and it detected a lot of stuff so i put it into quarantine and delete. re took the scan and it seemed as tho its now clean

Avast detected 4 things and i moved them into the virus chest not sure what they are tho:
'system volume information/restore 'bunch of numbers' .exe '

I used Hijackthis advised by my friend and at one point combofix was used but not 100% when or what it even did.

I also installed Superantispyware and it detected and quarantined:
Tracking cookies'
Unclassified.PC MightyMax
Rogue.SecurityEssentials2010
Trojan.Agent/Gen

Now i am not sure what to do with the results superantispyware found and the viruses in the chest of avast
I can connect to the internet tho: bonus!

If anybody can help then i can run through all the processes at your request and start from scratch just so me and you both know whats going on. just need to know if my system is is still infected because it does appear slightly slower than before and what to do next.

much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 No_regretz

No_regretz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hey still dont know what to do, my pc is definitely running slow best way to describe it is as 'delayed reactions',
im still not sure what to do with the viruses in quarantine in avast and antispyware

anybody help? i dont want make the problem any worse

#3 No_regretz

No_regretz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

am i being ignored for some reason?
did i break any rules?

iv waited patiently for a response seen as tho i read the rules and says its in order of first come first serve, but its now one day short of a week and people who posted today are getting replies already.

Like i said any help is help, i dont want to bother my Technician friend as he is always busy and i need my pc for work, if my system is infected then i cannot access customer accounts.

#4 No_regretz

No_regretz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

This is bull and its great to see problems get solved, cept your own!!!!!! this forum is going to get negative reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users