Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Trouble Putting Video On To Cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 awg1011

awg1011

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 22 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

I have this crappy gateway digital camera that can do short video. I want to take some of the videos and burn them on to CD so I can show them to family who don't have PCs (show them on their DVD players). I have done this in the past with videos that I downloaded off the net, they were mpeg. the videos from this camera just say 'video clip' and don't say any format, they will play in MS media player and quicktime. When I burn 'video clip' to CD and put it in a home DVD player the display just says 'mp3' and doesn't play.

Does anybody know how I can get theese videos to to CD so they will play on a DVD? I assume I will need to convert them to mpeg or other format, what software will I need to do this?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jbravo

jbravo

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

to convert them to mpeg format, u should know in what format they are stored.

in general you can use winavi or tmpgenc softwares for mpeg conversion.

jbravo

#3 Rogue4Twenty

Rogue4Twenty

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:45 PM

OMG!! Until I JUST went to www.gateway.com, I had no idea that gateway sold Digi-Cam's!! I used to work at a HUGE electronics store that sold many diffrent types of Digi-Cam's... and I was unaware...

wait...

here is a full list of Digi-Cam's from Gateway's website:

http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessorySt...499/Default.htm

There are no Gateway ones... which camera do you have?? the ease in using a digatal camera seems to be directly related to who makes it.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

Right click the "video clip" and select Properties.
Does it give you an extension (.mp3, .mpeg, ....), and if so, what is it?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users