Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 nophobia6

nophobia6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me. 3 days ago I somehow picked up the Antimalware Doctor bug and after 2 days of trying to get rid of it myself I took it to the IT professional at my school who spent over an hour and a half scrubbing my laptop and adding some new protections.

Not 5 hours later my Symantec Endpoint program started frantically popping up windows saying I can't send various things. It seems to have set up shop and made a spammer out of my laptop. That's the only symptom. As long as I'm not connected to the net it's fine.

I've run all my malware programs (Spybot, Adaware, Malwarebytes, Norton) in safe mode and none of them caught a single thing. I've done everything but combofix to get rid of it.

Edited by nophobia6, 23 July 2010 - 05:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nophobia6

nophobia6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

After 5 more hours in the IT department we discovered I have the tdsserv virus, but can't seem to get rid of it. It will lie dormant for a few hours, then redirect me to a site from google and start sending out spam again, which is blocked by my Symantec Endpoint.

Malwarebytes found it this morning, deleted it and when it restarted my computer I couldn't get Windows back up and running again unless I reverted to a prior "configuration" - where immediately upon reboot, my system started spamming again.

Is there any way to get rid of tdsserv?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users