Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic Host & NT Authority

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Handmaiden

Handmaiden

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Hello

This is an old problem, which I thought was fixed months ago, however, about 3 weeks ago, NT Authority & Generic Host reared its ugly head again on my brother's computer, and then again this afternoon, it shut down the computer before I could get to it and make a list of what was opened. :thumbsup:

What usually happens is that there are several programs that are open and running b/c of the work that my brother is doing. And then, without warning, when he plugs his computer into the internet, the Generic Host warning pops up, then an NT Authority warning pops up, actually, it pops under the Generic Host pop up, and shuts down the computer before anything can be done to stop it. :flowers:

He is running XP Pro w/Ser Pk 3, on a computer that was built for him. It has M2N MX SE, and I believe it is still running under Win 7. Not sure what else you need to know about the system, but if you will let me know, I'll find out for you.

Appreciate any help!

Have a great day
:trumpet:

Edited by Budapest, 22 July 2010 - 06:44 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users