Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed with vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dch74

dch74

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

hi I have a compaq c500, I had a total shutdown and blue screen come up so I decided to reinstal windows vista, but after it loads all the files it either doesnt install the files or on other attempts as soon as the files install it requires a reboot, when i do this it stays on compaq screen and will not load windows. It takes several attempts using F8 to get the start windows normally or in safe mode. Ive tried windaows repair with no avail, it will not let me in safe mode but sometimes alows me to start normally but as soon as power is shut down the same problem happens.

Please help as im getting ready to destroy the damn thing. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

What kind of disk do you use to reinstall Vista?

In my opinion, it's either Windows disk issue, or you have some hardware problem.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 dch74

dch74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

im using the install disk that came from compaq

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Please help as im getting ready to destroy the damn thing.
Don't give up so soon.

1. Try to get yourself a copy of a linux-based LIVE CD. (something like Knoppix).

You need to download the ISO file, write it onto a disc and you're good to go.

2. Reboot your computer, access the BIOS section, change the BOOT SEQUENCE to make the CD/DVD drive first in order, followed by the HDD.

3. Insert the Live CD

4. Save the settings and exit the BIOS.

5. Your computer should reboot automatically and start reading from the Live CD.

6. Once you get to the desktop of the Live CD, you should be able to locate the necessary tools to FORMAT the drive (HDD).

7. Clear it all. :huh:

8. Insert the Vista OS disc

9. Reboot your PC and wait for the Vista installation to start....

Good luck. :huh:

Edited by ReviverSoft, 23 July 2010 - 07:53 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users