Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup application echo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jeff932

jeff932

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Well Hi everyone. I have a friend who has an annoying problem that he would like to eliminate.
I'm going to describe it as well as I can but it is going to be a bit sketchy and I'm not sure it's a "startup" problem or not.
When the computer boots into XP he gets a folder screen w/ the title of "application data"
In the view you see what looks like an echo of an execution set strating w/ an explorer icon then a paint icon then an xml icon
followed by what looks like execution code. like ;ord=1336518284[1]
;src=1379006
@middle1[1]
ect....
It's a long string of statements ending in a bunch of ini files icons with the form of 0x040c.
I know not the best description but it's all second hand.....
Anyways any one have a clue why it's doing the echo thing?
Clicking and closing the file does nothing.
Startup is clicked as normal in msconfig
One more thing, I asked him to click back in the folder and he just listed the folders shown not the actual folder title but it looks like it goes to "C:" from the folder listing (ie Docs and settings, program files, windows, dell, backup1)
so my current guess is its: c:/application data which also makes no sense to me since c: isn't showing an "application data" folder.....
Oh and the folder view has like 11 "pages" you can scroll to the right due to the length of some of the text strings.......
Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users