Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacked twice, possible a key logger.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Rot

Kyle Rot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

I am new here and at this so let me try and explain everything,

About a month ago my world of warcraft account, email account, and myspace where cracked by most likely a key logger. I run a tight ship and i don't download useless stuff and i know when i get fake emails. the key logger managed to get what it needed without any of my anti virus/ anti malware noticing. After going though all this stuff with blizzard and i got my wow account back along with my email and myspace. After that was a bit sketchy about my old system so i wiped everything and reinstalled windows, around 2 pm this morning i was the subject to another key logger or possible the same one. This one took my email (gmail) account, that i have gotten returned to me, and has stolen my wow account once more.. Please help me :/

I Have downloaded and used malwearbytes, process scanner, super anti spywear, Advanced system care, Avira, IObit security 360

Computer specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
Windows XP Professional SP3 (Build 2600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1), EM64T
CPUID : 6.7.A / Extended : 6.17
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 3072 KB
Core : Wolfdale (45 nm) / Stepping : R0
Freq : 1603.67 MHz (267.28 * 6)
MB Brand : Asus
MB Model : P5Q-PRO
NB : Intel P45/P43 rev A3
SB : Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev 00
GPU1 Type : Radeon HD 4670
GPU1 Clocks : Core 780 MHz / RAM 1000 MHz
GPU2 Type : ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
DirectX Version : 9.0c
RAM : 4096 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 400.9 MHz (2:3) @ 5-5-5-18
Slot 1 : 2048MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : OCZ
Slot 2 : 2048MB (6400)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : OCZ

Edited by Kyle Rot, 22 July 2010 - 08:11 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 atan_12_smith

atan_12_smith

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

It seems you got your keylogger on some of your installer. Try to reformat it again and after installing hardware installer and OS, download latest copy of anti-malware and AVG and scan everything to check if the keylogger havenít coming then the next is up to you..

#3 Kyle Rot

Kyle Rot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

It seems you got your keylogger on some of your installer. Try to reformat it again and after installing hardware installer and OS, download latest copy of anti-malware and AVG and scan everything to check if the keylogger havenít coming then the next is up to you..

I am pretty sure there isn't key loggers in Microsoft cds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users