Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AC Adapter Power Flicker Fix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2liter

2liter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:08 AM

After removing a Rogue Antispyware virus, my screen began flickering between bright and dim. Since I knew my settings were set to power save mode when my battery isn't charging, I automatically assumed it was either the battery or ac adapter cord. I unplugged the adapter and the screen stayed dim. When I shut down the computer, the charging light flashed only every two seconds while connected to the charger. As the battery was quickly dying, I decided to try something before having the replace the adapter because I found it odd that it would randomly start having this issue... I uninstalled the hardware for it, unplugged the cord from the laptop, restarted the laptop, plugged the cord back in, and now it works perfectly. The charging light in consistently on and the screen is no longer flickering between dim and bright. So, if you have the same symptoms, try this before purchasing a new charger.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hi 2liter, thank you for posting your solution to a problem you have experienced yourself.

Input like this is always helpful to those who may run into the same problem. :thumbsup:

Kind regards.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 o11o

o11o

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

What do you mean when you say you uninstalled the hardware for it?

My Asus EEE PC has been doing this on and off pretty much ever since I got it. I've already bought one replacement AC Adapter and now I think the DC Jack on the board is loose...but that's not what you meant, is it?

Or did you mean the drivers for it, if so i'm having difficulty locating the correct driver. There is one for the AC Adapter under batteries, along with an ACPI-compliant control method battery

i am weary of uninstalling drivers that have to do with the battery since this pc is designed in such a way that it cannot work without the battery.

i tried updating the drivers for ACPI but it says the ones i have are newer than the ones on the asus website, which is weird.

if you can, please just clarify what you meant so this nightmare can end...it's getting worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users