Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antimalware doctor keeps on going.. and going..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nelson23

nelson23

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

First, I want to say I've got the same problem as a person called "Badd" that posted his/her issue Jul 19 2010.

I had the Antimalware Doctor virus/worm whatever it is and I got it partly removed through diligent effort. I've got Antimalwarebytes free download but it is clearly missing parts of this virus.

What is still happening after days and days is that this file: 27U6r18.exe is opening in the background and it's clearly opening iexplore.exe with it. Sometimes in task manager there will be easily 25 27U6r18.exes running, along with one or two iexplores.

I search, I find the numbered file in Prefetch and in temp. I delete it, and then it comes back.

I also have found the 7007000 blah blah .exe file that I've seen mentioned before, an HKI7467.exe file, and appcompat.

I did search for, found and deleted the much-maligned "enemies-names" file.

I'm still randomly (can't connect it to opening any particular app or website) getting popups from Apple (yes, that apple) and others, as well as totally odd and sometimes really creepy sound bites that do not accompany pop-ups.

I'm at a loss, but somehow figure that this is only going to get worse. It seems to 'learn'. At times it won't let me delete files, claiming I do not have permission. At times I'll do a search and the entire contents of my computer will appear instantly in the search return field.

any ideas?

Edited by Blade Zephon, 22 July 2010 - 01:04 AM.
Moved to AII as no logs provided and Prep Guide not followed. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

Hello.

Please follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users