Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Virus/Malware Infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AlphaOne

AlphaOne

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Hi guys, I am a network admin and have just got an infection on the network which seems to be infecting shared drives.
I have found some suspicious files called " QEIOYE.EXE" and "YEMIK".
Some of the behaviour seems, the share folders that it attaches to are turned into hidden System Folders so you can't see them anymore if you go to the sharefolder location on the server, however you can access the shared folders if you do it by accessing them via their Mapped Drive icon shortcuts.
Then inside there seems to be a lot of weird Shortcut folders and strange files in them. Then if you click on one it infects the client computer you are on and all sorts of malware starts to appear.
The two strane files I mentioned above are located in the Shared folders.
I have looked on the web , but there is limited info on these infections.
Can anyone help or suggest anything.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users