Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I jumped the gun with ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deep1

deep1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

Initially, I googled some of the errors and infections and came upon ComboFix as a remedy. After running the program, I learned that (after joining this site) that this was a MAJOR NO-NO and I might have really screwe the poch.

At present, I have an error log and don't know what to do from this point, since I botched the first cardinal rule of the site.

Can/will anyone please provide guidance and assistance.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

ComboFix related logs are not permitted outside the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum and then only when requested by a Malware Response Team member. However, the Malware Response Team members are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits but currently there is a backup and you may have to wait for assistance. Referrals are made to that forum if we cannot assist you in this forum. If we need to do that I will give you instructions on what to do and where to post your error log.

With that said, what specific issues are you having that requires using ComboFix or assistance with malware removal?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users