Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is not running the same

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KateetaK

KateetaK

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

I seem to be having some problems with my computer. I'm using an HP Pavilion a1610n on Windows Vista. I am having more than just possible malware or virus problems, but I will only list those potential problems, as this section of the forum is just for that. (I have a couple other threads on the site currently. Please check those out as well!) So, here are some problems I am having.

--- Whenever I hit the button that puts the computer in a low power state that saves your session and start it back up, I only see a black screen. I hear sounds, so I know it's working, but nothing comes up. I end up having the hold in the power button to shut it down that way, which I do NOT want to do!

--- If a program, window, or browser freezes up, the computer sometimes goes to a black screen. It usually ends up going away, and I'm able to restart normally, but I don't know what is wrong.

---Things reset when I restart the computer, such as me having to speed up the mouse pointer every single time.

The system is just not running the same. Is there anything anyone can do to help me find out what's wrong? I just want the computer to stop acting up, and I can't seem to find any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users