Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound with proper drivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hotter Than July

Hotter Than July

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

My laptop has been having it's fair share of issues, but right now, the main thing bothering me is that it won't make any sound whatsoever. I do not have it muted, I have the proper sound drivers, and there isn't even a sound icon in the taskbar tray. The only sound it makes is the "boop" that it makes when you format it and you haven't put in the drivers yet. Do you guys have any clue what's goin on?
"Snake, you have to use the control panel."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Are you saying, that you formatted the drive, reinstalled Windows, all drivers, no errors in Device Manager and still no sound?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Hotter Than July

Hotter Than July
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

No, I'm saying the only noise it makes instead of playing sound is the one made by a computer with no sound drivers

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Oh, you mean "beeps"?

Do you have any errors in Device Manager?

My laptop has been having it's fair share of issues

Which are?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Hotter Than July

Hotter Than July
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, like all the same beep.

I don't know of anything on my computer called Device Manager (sorry if that's like a big obvious thing)

I always have issues with viruses- especially Tiny-ADY trojan.Most recently it thought it was always in Safe Mode. Also, ants started coming out of it once for no reason, and I think they ate some of my hardware because they made my screen flicker. Now the occasional ants comes around, but not "omg why are there so many ants coming out of my laptop at once what do they want from me!?"

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 Hotter Than July

Hotter Than July
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

Thank you, I have started a topic on this here.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Thank you :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

Now that you have posted a thread in one of our malware forums, this thread will be closed to prevent confusion.

From this point on...take all instructions from those personnel assisting you in the malware forum...good luck :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users