Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Troj_fantibag & Worm_bagle Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_juhgail_*

Guest_juhgail_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:15 PM

Just a general question.

1. No yelling at me for #2. :thumbsup:

2. It has been a year or so since I have had any antivirus software on my puter. I just bought pc-cillin. I installed it, and it found 150 viruses in my computer. ALL of them were Troj_Fantibag and Worm_Bagel (or some combination of the 2). Pc-Cillin found them all and said it quarantined them. Great.

my question is should I be worried about anything. I have been doing some reading on the net about these worms and everything says they CAN be bad. I assume since I have found them and killed them I should have no problems right?

Thanks for your input!
Gail

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

No yelling.

A smart computer user is always worried about malware.

You can find several good on-line (free) virus scans that will confirm whether your hard drive is clean or not (beware, they may find the malware in your quarantine folder).

More importantly, you should download, install, and update one or two anti-spyware applications, since spyware can be even more intrusive and certainly just as harmful to your computer as are viruses and trojans. The best two such applications are Ad-AwareSE and Spybot Search and Destroy.

You should also have a resident firewall installed, and make sure you have installed ALL Microsoft security patches.

Here is an excellent Tutorial about keeping your computer safe:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/keep-your-computer-safe-online/

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 22 October 2005 - 02:48 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Guest_juhgail_*

Guest_juhgail_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the info.

I do have spybot and ad aware and scan once a week with both.

I will look at the tutorial. I dont have a firewall on my puter. I am a home electronics expert, but am NOT when it comes to computers. I would say I have a good deal of computer ecperience for your average/heavier user, but NOTHING advanced.

This site has really helped me learn a great deal about what everyone SHOULD know, and I plan on taking full advantage of the site.

Thanks!
Gail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users