Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Started with Defence Center - then grew:(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ctl

ctl

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

Old user, but don't remember how to run beginning scripts.
Obviously had "Defense Center" on system. Suspect teenagers but don't really know how it got into the computer (hate to think i did this myself). Ran through the help steps to remove Defense Center and thought the problem was over. However, I'm still getting pop-up web sites and several programs do not run properly (Especially my Outlook and AutoCAD software). I have to restart the computer to get these programs to work. Computer almost never shuts down now by itself and I have to hold the power button to get it to go off.
I get a scripting error often for all kinds of programs that are trying to run. The "just in time debugger" pops up trying to find the error.
Tried to gather initial system analysis files for you but the dds.scr script returns an error that says "this program cannot run in dos mode".
HELP
Serenity Prayer
"Lord, help me to love those who love, have patience for those who recognize their need to improve, and re-load faster for everyone else"
and my daughter's favorite, "I love cats..... they taste just like chicken"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ctl

ctl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

OS is WindowsXP Pro
Serenity Prayer
"Lord, help me to love those who love, have patience for those who recognize their need to improve, and re-load faster for everyone else"

#3 ctl

ctl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

Had Defense Center and tried to remove it. Still having problems. Running through your step-by-step guide to post new problems. Can't get past dds.scr commmand. Computer not letting this script run. From windows it opens a window full of jibberish with the line "this program cannot run in DOS mode". If i execute dds.scr from a DOS command window I get the error "cscript.exe - Entry Point Not Found, The procedure entry point DoOpenPipeStram could ot be located in hte dynamic link librayr ScrRun.dll"
Please give me some direction on how to get these initial analysis files posted to you so we can start a fix. Thanks

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 July 2010 - 11:15 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

Serenity Prayer

#4 ctl

ctl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

Bleepingcomputer,
Please close this topic. I've found some other assistance.
Thank you as always for your great service. You guys are the best!
CTL
Serenity Prayer

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

Thank you for letting us know.

Happy computing.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users