Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this the startdrv virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stomper45

stomper45

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hi my friend who is even more of a luddite than me asked if i could help with computer. He inherited it and was told it had been infected

It kept closing down and restarting and would restart when attempting to shut down..

There was no protection running on it. I loaded windows xp home edition on. Its a Dell 4400.

I loaded mozilla, which now cannot update properly.

Ive loaded various anti virus/malware all of which show some errors )superantispyware, malawarebytes, spamfighter, spyware doctor, windows defender, windows malicious software removal)
Also loaded and ran stinger and combo fix.

Virtual memory keeps showing as low, reset as advised on forums at both figure x1.5

It no longer keeps restarting and now shuts down properly.

Its doing my head in, only took his pc as he was mending a leg on my kitchen table :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stomper45

stomper45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

Resolved via microsoft support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users