Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead Computer= Death Part 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 reagansucks22

reagansucks22

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:02 PM

ok so i fixed all the things you told me to fix after you analyzed my hijack this log. then i went to reboot my computer into safe mode and the stupid thing freaked out and is broken again. it won't reboot or hibernate or anything, and will just show my background (pretty blue mountains) but yet NO icons. so it's basically just stuck...and broken. this has happened before and is by no means your fault i'm sure, but do you have any idea whats wrong with it????

what does a blank inactive screen mean?

those people at HP are dead. stupid thing is 5 months old and look what happened. i want a new laptop.

thanks for the peper and yeakuks help though. you're very nice.

-mr. d

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thatman

thatman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 06 October 2004 - 02:31 PM

Hi reagansucks22

Please when reposting stay with the topic you started here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=3252&hl=#

What does a blank inactive screen mean?

This can happen when you boot up due to corrupt files

Try this when computer boots to the inactive screen donít reboot
Use the option to log off
When the log-on screen shows log-on again
Then check your hard drive right click on your C: Drive click on properties a window will open now click tools under the heading Error-checking click Check now.
When check now has ended defrag your Drive

All the best
thatman

#3 thatman

thatman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 07 October 2004 - 07:18 AM

Hi reagansucks22

This is a fault that I created on my system and may be one off many problems in this field

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7036
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_STATUS_SUCCESS

Explanation
The specified service changed to the state indicated in the message. This message is logged for informational purposes only.

User Action
No user action is required.

We're sorry
There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify those areas for which we need to provide more information.

Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

As you can see Microsoft are no help
I have been able to create a similar fault on my system

When my computer booted up on my screen was only Bliss showing
No icons and no task-bar interesting

By pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE the Windows Task Manager poped up.

All the normal programs where showing, firewall.office, svchost.exe, ECT

I then clicked on Applications then New Task.
A box opens Create New Task i messed around a bit and opened a number off programs.

I then clicked on Shut Down and picked the Log Off function the computer switched to my log on screen
I then clicked my logon icon Windows then booted with all items working.

Please try the above info, if your computer starts properly do not shut down post back with a new hijack log.

All the best

thatman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users