Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pbskccqsd.exe: Is This A Danger?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geoffi

geoffi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:40 AM

pbskccqsd.exe This file attempts to enable Microsoft Security Panagers on start up, asks my Zone Alarms firewall [which has no further info about it] for Internet access and then Server access.

I noticed in Task Manager that it was taking a larger and larger amount of memory.

Very suspicious of it. Zone Alarms said it came from C:/Windows/System32, but I could not find it there [hidden files made visible] either by visually eyeballing the file's contents, or by Searching on the file name.

(And yes, the PC performance was wobbly and unresponsive today, with lsass.exe shutdowns, although these might have been caused by Symmantec AV 2005 updates - I have now uninstalled the latter and gone over to Zone Alarms's Suite)

I can use the firewall to stop it getting internet access, but I can't delete the file cos I can't find it

I got nothing in Google from the file name, but 'Microsoft Security Panagers' [dire reputation, I see] did lead me here, where I am impressed with everyone's dedication and knowledge.

Any further info, anyone?

Best wishes

Geoffi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:29 PM

Microsoft Security Panagers - This file has been identified as a program that is undesirable to have running on your computer. This consists of programs that are misleading, harmful, or undesirable.
You will find a description, and removal instructions, here:
Microsoft Security Panagers
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users