Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Hi-Jack Broswer Re-Directs Try Resetting Your Router

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maddog20

maddog20

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

I hope this advice saves you as much as it saved me!!

Basically I had the same problem I keep seeing. Hi-Jack Browser re-directs or when you go to google or yahoo and search for something and click....it goes to some advertisment page. Did this in 4 different browsers

Trust me...after 10 days I tried everything, 2 antivirus, 10 anti malware progs, all in safe mode and nothing fixed it.

After a week passed I read a posting somewhere that said, "If you are running wireless and have hi-jack re-drirect problem try resetting your router and immediately change your admin password and put security encryption on it" "You may have had something get into your router and corrupt your DNS settings"

WOW! IT WORKED!! :thumbsup:

I went in there and reset my router (press small button for 10 seconds) and did the above and I get no re-directs.

I know this may not solve everyone issue but it may help. The reason no software could fix my poblem is because it was my router the whole time!

Have a Great Day!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kou_Kagerou

Kou_Kagerou

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

Wow... they can do that to your router too?

o.O

I will have to try this. Will report back later.

#3 maddog20

maddog20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Yes.

I had no idea either. I am a seasoned internet user and familar with these things but this had me stumped.

This is why both my desktop and laptop were re-directing because all going through same router.

Hope this helps!!!

#4 Kou_Kagerou

Kou_Kagerou

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

I just realized... I'm not connected to a router...

:thumbsup:

I'm sorry. I'm in a new apt and forgot that I connect right into the wall now.

I hope it works for others though...

#5 maddog20

maddog20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

Well then. Guess it wouldn't work for you then.

But I do hope this helps the people with re-directs that are on wireless that have tried multiple software's with no luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users