Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Akishaviji

Akishaviji

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hello, I seem to be having the problem most people are having right now; I've been infected with the google redirect virus. I've run Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot: Search and Destroy, and AVG free version, and none of these has picked anything up besides tracking cookies, which I subsequently quarentined and deleted. My OS is Windows 7 (64x, I think), and my browser is Firefox. I've installed the NoScript addon from Firefox, and that seems to have fixed it, however I am at a friends place, and would like to use my laptop (which I think is still infected), but am not sure how to check if I've actually removed the problem, and really, really don't want to infect them accidentally. I have heard of trying to use Combifix to remove the rootkit infection, but am wary to try this without help from an administrator. Thank you in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maddog20

maddog20

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

This may be a crazy but are you on wireless at your place or house you were corrupted?

I just had this problem for 5 days and used every prog under the sun.

My solution? I reset my router. (push reset on back or bottom for 10 seconds)

I solved my redirect problem.

Hope this helps.

#3 Akishaviji

Akishaviji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, maddog20. Yes, I was on wireless, but we reset the router, made a stronger password, and I was still having the redirect problem. Thanks though. ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users