Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect + cannot use Windows Update or System Restore + Audio Device problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 flippedbinary

flippedbinary

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Recently Sophos antivirus found a trojan on my computer. I removed it using that program. I also ran Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Lavasoft's AdAware and they all found errors and corrected them. However, I'm still having several problems.

-Google search results redirect to monstermarketplace and several other weird search result pages
-I cannot connect to Windows or Microsoft Update at all, it won't even load that page.
-I cannot use system restore
-My audio works at first, but then cuts out and clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar tells me I have no audio device installed.

I read the forum posting guidelines but I cannot seem to get the dds.scr file to run. It says it's an unknown file type and wants me to select a program to open it and I'm not sure which one to use. I can post a HiJackThis log if that would help?

Much thanks in advance,

Josh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. smile.gif

*Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies. See HERE

*It is important not to make any further changes or run any other tools/updates unless instructed to. This may hinder the cleaning process of your machine.

*Please be patient, all Bleeping Computer helpers are volunteers and have lives outside this forum.

*You must reply within 5 days otherwise this topic will be closed.

==================================

1. Please try using a different version of DDS, download it from the links below:

DDS.com => http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.com
DDS.pif => http://www.forospyware.com/sUBs/dds

2. Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here.
  • Extract the contents of the zipped file to the desktop.
  • Double click GMER.exe and if you are asked if you want to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please allow it to do so.
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan, please click on NO.
  • In the right panel you will see several boxes that have been checked. Unchecked the following checkboxes:
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Now click on the Scan button and wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in ark.txt and save it to your desktop.
  • Post the contents of that report when you reply.

We're so sorry for the delay,
~Semp

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

#3 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users