Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Hijacked / Random Sounds Playing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 wakebrdn

wakebrdn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

My problem started with a fake virus warning "antivir solution pro" I ran through instructions on a website for cleaning registry and deleting files. That seems to have taken care of that problem but I still get search results are being redirected when I click on them. I also had random audio playing before I ran a complete search with malwarebytes. It is still having the search results issues.

My laptop will also not startup when connected to a docking station, I must boot up disconnected and then I can connect to docking station. - not sure if this is connected to my malware problem or not.

Thank you for taking the time to review this!

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Administrator at 9:40:44.03 on Wed 07/21/2010
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_17
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2038.1406 [GMT -4:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\KeyboardSurrogate.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WISPTIS.EXE
svchost.exe 4
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TCServer.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\X3watch\x3watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark Z2400 Series\lxdqmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark Z2400 Series\ezprint.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip.exe
svchost.exe 4
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k Akamai
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\digtizer.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxdqcoms.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\o2flash.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon Wireless\VZAccess Manager\VZAccess Manager.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [AdobeBridge]
mRun: [TabletWizard] c:\windows\help\SplshWrp.exe
mRun: [TabletTip] "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\ink\tabtip.exe" /resume
mRun: [HotKeysCmds] c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
mRun: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\cs4servicemanager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
mRun: [SSBkgdUpdate] "c:\program files\common files\scansoft shared\ssbkgdupdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
mRun: [PaperPort PTD] "c:\program files\scansoft\paperport\pptd40nt.exe"
mRun: [IndexSearch] "c:\program files\scansoft\paperport\IndexSearch.exe"
mRun: [PPort11reminder] "c:\program files\scansoft\paperport\ereg\ereg.exe" -r "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\scansoft\paperport\11\config\ereg\Ereg.ini"
mRun: [x3watch] c:\program files\x3watch\x3watch.exe
mRun: [lxdqmon.exe] "c:\program files\lexmark z2400 series\lxdqmon.exe"
mRun: [EzPrint] "c:\program files\lexmark z2400 series\ezprint.exe"
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [iTunesHelper] "c:\program files\itunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
mRun: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
dRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\admini~1\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\admini~1\startm~1\programs\startup\pdanet~1.lnk - c:\program files\pdanet for android\PdaNetPC.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\blueto~1.lnk - c:\program files\toshiba\bluetooth toshiba stack\TosBtMng.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\google~1.lnk - c:\program files\google\google calendar sync\GoogleCalendarSync.exe
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messe

First I apologize for posting this 7 times. I was not getting a confirmation just a network error page and by the time I had the brilliant thought to make sure it wasn't posting.....

I have run malwarebytes and it came up with 4 or 5 infections related mainly to avsuite and avsolution and popcaploader.
I have deleted all files that seemed to pertain to that while in safe mode as well as deleting all registry entries that where connected to these terms or the random name 8 character name assigned to the exe and the other name that ended in slld(?)

While my computer seems to be running better. I am still getting redirected google links. -- should I repost the files above?

Merged posts. ~ OB

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 July 2010 - 04:16 PM.
Add in a bit more log from another incomplete one. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. smile.gif

*Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies. See HERE

*It is important not to make any further changes or run any other tools/updates unless instructed to. This may hinder the cleaning process of your machine.

*Please be patient, all Bleeping Computer helpers are volunteers and have lives outside this forum.

*You must reply within 5 days otherwise this topic will be closed.

=========================================

We need to see fresh logs to start the cleaning process.

1. Please run another DDS scan and post the new report, please attach the attach.txt.

2. Double click GMER.exe and if you are asked if you want to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please allow it to do so.
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan, please click on NO.
  • In the right panel you will see several boxes that have been checked. Unchecked the following checkboxes:
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Now click on the Scan button and wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in ark.txt and save it to your desktop.
  • Post the contents of that report when you reply.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

#3 wakebrdn

wakebrdn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

I am being given help at another sites. . Thank you!

#4 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

Thank you for letting us know. smile.gif

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed.
If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users