Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

60 sec shut-down, Data Execution Prevention, etc- help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ehill

ehill

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi folks- encountered a problem with my Dell Lat D620 yesterday that I can't seem to figure out. I'm running XP, SV2 with Mozilla & what I believe are up-to-date versions of Avast & Ad-Aware.

I first noticed problems after updating to the newest version of Itunes, but not sure its related. I began getting Data Execution Prevention warnings Name: LSA Shell Export Version, & a 60 second shut down NT Authority System Status code: 1073741819 Windows\system32\lsass.exe all on loop over & over. I've used shutdown -a to continue work, but then cannot adjust settings or do tweaks because it notes I am not 'administrator' (this is a personal laptop not on a network & I am sole user/account). I have tried a system restore, but the 60 second shutdown kills the full restore & computer restarts as "restore incomplete". When I disable via "shutdown -a", I do not have authority to launch a system restore.... nor can I adjust DEP settings (tried several adjustments w/in the 60 second window- no change). i tried running the sasser fix- nothing found. ran malwarebytes- nothing found.

I'm getting desperate & have no idea what to do next. I'm not computer savvy & don't know all the terminology or functions, so apologies in advance for needing novice 101 explainations.....many, many thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users