Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser redirect virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 eddiejz

eddiejz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

Ok so I started off by trying to google me way to removing this infection from my pc but after reading many forum threads I figured I was a little over my head on this one... Thought about running combofix on my own but decided to follow the recommendations to have someone trained in this to guide me through! I'm really not too tech-y and usually use antivirus programs to automatically remove the threats so I might need a bit of baby-steps... Thank beforehand for any help that might come my way!!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 July 2010 - 02:43 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eddiejz

eddiejz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

So I thought I'd pass by and give a little explanation of the symptoms my pc is presenting. It's pretty much like the rest of the similar post are experiencing. When I search on google and try to go into one of the results it usually redirects me to another site....mainly add sites or answer sites. My internet is also running very very slow! I'm pretty sure my crappy cricket wireless broadband is part of this problem but it was running a bit better before the virus. I also have my Mom, whose's a FARMVILLE addict, downloading various toolbars and firefox addons. My sister, also in the quest to speed up her youtube viewing, downloaded several things to our pc including GOOGLE WEB ACCELERATOR which I was unable to uninstall. So that's my story, hope someone can help!!! Thanks

#3 eddiejz

eddiejz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

just wanted to add that now my pc cooling fan is running excessively. It will run norman sometimes but when it acts up, it revs up with any little thing/ like a slight movement of the mouse! This happened yesterday and after a while of crazy loud revving I got the blue screen message ///system shut down///

#4 Mainers

Mainers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

Hi all, just a quick note to say my dad gave me his laptop to put some movies on last night, and stupid me plugged in my harddrives to the laptop to transfer the files, and now have all of above symptons(from the previous posts, here). I am running XP pro SP3, really could do with a quick fix as the last time i had something similar I lost all files as hard drives had to be reformatted, this time as my college work is on them I just cant loose any of it, (yes I no I should have made a back up). Please any help would be massively appreciated. I still have an internet connection, but it is blocking certain sites, luckily I have saved a copy of malwarebytes 1.46 to disk and that is currently running.
Thanks in advance for any morsal of help posted.

#5 eddiejz

eddiejz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:31 AM

JUST WANTED TO LET ANY POTENTIAL HELPER THAT I STARTED A NEW POST WITH THE SAME TOPIC. I THOUGHT THE NUMBER OF REPLIES ON THIS POST WOULD MISLEAD HELPERS INTO THINKING I HAD ALREADY BEEN HELPED. THANKS

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

Closing this as Yes it does look that way and i will look at your other post.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users