Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Anti-malware virus has taken over my computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gat101us

gat101us

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:48 AM

So the my computer that has the anti-malware virus on it will not allow me to use the web browser. So i can't access this site from the infected computer. I downloaded the malwarebytes software to a different computer and transferred it via flash drive to the infected computer. It identified and deleted like 15 infected files but the antimalware virus is still there, still preventing me from using the browser. What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gat101us

gat101us
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

Okay so 49 people reviewed my post but no one replied. Has anyone had this same thing happen to them? Do I need to buy a new computer? Can I use a flash drive to safely copy my photos over to a new computer or could they be infected too? Help!

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

You posted in a specialized forum. In addition, view count includes everyone that looks at the topic: yourself, people looking for a solution, and others.

I'm moving your topic to the Am I Infected forum in order to provide you with instructions for posting in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs .

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 gat101us

gat101us
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

Orange Blossom, thank you so much for your help with this issue. I was really in a panic thinking that I was going to lose everything and/or have to buy a new puter.....I ended up buying antiviral, antispyware s/w (norton) and it looks like my computer is back to normal. I need to close out my case. But I do appreciate your help. G

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

Thank you for letting us know. If you experience problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users