Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PUP quarantined not deleted, slow connection since

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ruthere89

ruthere89

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

I recently discovered a PUP, on my computer thanks to McAfee, the program quarantined the file but never deleted it. I have since ran Norton, Malwarebytes, and Malicious Software Removal Tool via Windows. They found NOTHING. However, the quick scans from Norton always tell me that I have at least two tracking cookies. My wireless internet was running slow before this was all found, maybe for a few weeks. I have had some major lagging problems, but every time I run diagnostics on the routers and connections everything checks out just fine. I have been seemingly careful as to what my computer does in unknown websites as image seekers can never be to careful and have tried to ex-sponge and wipe any history, cookies, and temporary files that may have been associated with dangerous websites. After the PUP was discovered I tried to track it, but I could not find it. My connection seems to be worse, simple web pages seem to take much much longer to load, or seldom do, and my browser FireFox tends to crash more repeatedly. I have pop-up blocker on, but more and more seem to be getting through even when I'm just on Yahoo, Facebook, and a website called GAIA. A connection window that links two of the websites together (an allowed pop-up) stayed open and normally does not. The last thing that I can think to mention about my incredibly overheating computer with slower connection, more pop-ups, and longer loading periods is that there used to be a small window that would appear as an ad inside whatever web page I would be on. No matter where I went the ad would follow me, it seems to have gone away for now, but it comes and goes when least expected. Any help would be great and I thank anyone who reads over this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users