Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Access 2007

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

I've been looking for hours (or maybe it was minutes)... but seriously, where the heck is it?

When I'm building a query and am in SQL View, and make a change to the SQL Statement, how do I save the query with a different name?

Since I'm on the topic, SQL View really needs a "Find and Replace" feature (Ctrl+H).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TimYH

TimYH

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

Just to quickly clarify,

You have one Query which you are editing in SQL mode and would like to save your revisions as a different query.

I would recommend saving the query as a new object in Access then editing the new one you just made. Open the query in any view (SQL, Design, PivotTable, Spreadsheet, whatever) and go to the Office Icon in the top left, scroll down to Save As, and then select Save Object As. It will allow you to save an exact copy of the currently selected object (in your case query) in your database. Simply rename it however you like and open and edit it however you wish.

I agree with you on the find and replace feature, would made editing much easier. A lot of times I will write my SQL in a notepad in copy it over to Access.

Edited by TimYH, 23 July 2010 - 09:53 AM.

I like to think I know a bit about computers, I apologize if my advice is not sound or clear. I try my best to give good answers.

Line of Defense
aVast! | Comodo | Malwarebytes

#3 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks Tim... keep forgetting bout the "Windows Button". That does it.

I do the same with Notepad; its funny that so much can be done with Notepad or the Command prompt - oh the simple days of DOS 5.x

I looked briefly for a simple site where people make recommendations to Windows, but didn't find anything simple enough. The new "thats my windows" Commercials are pretty interesting: Microsoft found a way to compete with the attractiveness and effectiveness of Linux open source, and yet remain the monopolizing corporate uninterested giant they are... food for thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users