Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really quick question.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Goomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

"Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"

All I want to know is how to disable this. I have the correct drivers on my desktop, but Windows 7 will not let me update it.

Seriously, that's ALL I want to know. I've looked quite a bit for the answer as I assumed it would be quite simple.

Much thanks,
Goomba.

Edited by Goomba, 20 July 2010 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

Why do you need to update some driver and what driver is it?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Eric ~ Computer Guy

Eric ~ Computer Guy

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

"Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"

All I want to know is how to disable this. I have the correct drivers on my desktop, but Windows 7 will not let me update it.

Seriously, that's ALL I want to know. I've looked quite a bit for the answer as I assumed it would be quite simple.

Much thanks,
Goomba.

First thing - Never assume a computer answer will be simple. I've been in this biz for 9 years, and just because the issue seems simple doesn't make it so. That's probably the Cardinal Rule #1 when dealing with PC issues.

Now, if Windows says your driver is up to date, I would listen to Windows. As long as the device is working correctly, don't change it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If you change the driver forcefully, you may cause more harm than good.

#4 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

I think he is talking about a pop up message that keeps appearing and wants to know how to get rid of the message.

Seems that happened to me when I first installed 7, but can't remember what I did to make it go away.

#5 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Try this link...

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11442...e-balloons.html

#6 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

If you want to update drivers manually,go to device manager and right click on the device and select uninstall the driver,then go to your desktop or where your new driver is and double click on it,and it should install itself .Windows will only check its generic drivers for devices not the Mfg drivers.

#7 Goomba

Goomba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

It's drivers for this Linksys wireless adapter.

There's incompability issues on Windows 7, having it show up on the device manager but not functioning at all.

I read on the actual Linksys site that I need special drivers for Windows 7. I have them, but am unable to install them because of this problem.

Much thanks,
Goomba.

#8 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

See if this link will help you out...

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/97061...ger.html?filter[2]=Hardware and Drivers

:huh:

you might need to copy and paste the url above, doesn't look like it hooked up the link completely..

Edited by AustinTerry, 22 July 2010 - 07:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users