Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KoobFace

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ch51

ch51

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Hi.

A colleague's work computer was infected with the KoobFace virus.

Windows XP Professional - SP 3.

I used (an up to date) Malwarebyte's to remove 30 infected items.

I ran (an up to date) SuperAntiSpyware (Free) (in Safe Mode) and it only found cookies.

Computer (so far) is running well.

I'd like your help to make sure it's totally cleaned up, etc.

I will be doing the work on the computer, so that's why I'm starting the topic.

You've been a great help in the past - so, thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 apocolyptus

apocolyptus

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328607/adobe-1073-malspy-ware/

This link will solve all your problems. Just follow every step. EVERY STEP. Next time, use the Search button. That's what it's there for.

#3 ch51

ch51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Actually, no it won't answer all my questions, and I did use the search button, but thanks for the snotty reply all the same. Perhaps if you read my post more carefully you would understand that the threat already "seems" to be removed. I'm not going to use RKill without guidance, nor am I going to post various logs without someone at the other end requesting them. Still, thanks for hijacking my post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users