Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing on startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 indy777

indy777

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hp pavilion ze4400
Windows XP Ver.2002 sp3

AMD xp 2200+
1.79 Ghz 960 MB of ram

AVG 9.0 free version
PC tools firewall plus V 6.00
CCleaner V 2.33
Superantispyware ver. 4.40
Malwarebytes 1.46

My computer freezes up on startup. Sometimes at the log in screen and sometimes it will start to load programs and freeze. When I mean freeze, I mean nothing works, no mouse, no keyboard. I have to do a hard shutdown. After numerous trys sometimes it will eventually start normally and after that I have no problems. Most of the time I give up and throw it back in the case. But now I need it to do some traveling.
So far I have tried to use msconfig and turned off some things I didn't know what they were. Still same thing.
I have run anti virus, malware, spyware programs but still same problem.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coyote1982

coyote1982

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

Hi indy777,
my first suspicion is a hardware failure. it could be anyone of these:
CPU overheating, faulty motherboard, dust between RAM sticks and MB, faulty RAM, faulty PSU (power supply unit).

#3 indy777

indy777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for input, I'll check that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users