Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My new laptop cannot connect to the internet!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anabat1

anabat1

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

My laptop is 1 day old.
I connected it the day the I got it to a wireless internet, but now it won't work.
I have an Acer and uses windows
Since I already used the internet, the device has already been found.
The control panel won't even open the network and sharing center and nothing happens when I click the "connect to an internet" link.
I also tried to connect it to a wired internet but it still doesn't connect.
Troubleshoot cannot find any problems. This is my first time using an acer so Im kind of lost.
Please help!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

What flavor of Windows do you have? I am assuming its Win 7 but like to make sure.

Do you have any wireless icons down by the clock? If you drag your pointer slowly it will show what each thing is.

One of them should be a PC with lines coming out like it is broadcasting, if you right click and click repair what happens?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users