Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

repeating run of arp.exe nbtstat.exe and ipconfig.exe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pcSOslow

pcSOslow

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

I have recently installed Google Desktop and also have a new Wireless USB Adapter installed.

Since these were installed I have notice that the following are running in Task Manager...

arp.exe, nbtstat.exe and ipconfig.exe (They start in task manager and then stop and go after a few seconds of running.)

These run every ten seconds or so soon after the pc has an internet connection.

I have disabled the internet and these do not run at all and I can not figure out what has caused it.

Has anyone had this or know how to stop this or should this happen? it never happend before I used Google Desktop and had this new USB Adapter. (Belkin n150)

I have completely removed Google Desktop and still these three above are running every few seconds. Does not seem to affect the pc performance, but just wondered if something else is happening that should not be like virus or spamware or other?

Any ideas?

Edited by pcSOslow, 20 July 2010 - 05:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users