Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Login To Windows Home

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rainsey

rainsey

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

I formatted the HD in my old computer (Dell Dimension) and used the OS reinstall CD to reload XP Home. The Login Screen comes up with the normal "To begin, click your username", but there are no users showing up. I control-alt-deleted to the login screen, but cannot login with the normal admin, administrator, or the old login/passwords. Hopefully I am overlooking something, but right now I am just stumped and frustrated!

Thanks for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

Formatted...how?

Do you mean that you used the recovery partition/disks for that system?

What model Dell?

Louis

#3 rainsey

rainsey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

It's a Dell Dimension 2350.

I booted up from the Operating System Re-installation CD and deleted the partition that had the previous OS on it (it was almost unusable due to adware, spyware, and viruses). Then it formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Home SP1 (I think that is the service pack). And that is where I am stuck. Did that answer your question?

Thanks again......

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...;l=en&s=dhs

Did you follow the above proceure?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users