Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.tidserv

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 chris79

chris79

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Hello,

About two days ago I stumbled across a bad website and just knew I was about to get a virus. I then quickly closed my browser and ran a full system scan using Symantec and Malwarebytes. I found "Tracking cookies" and "Backdoor.tidserv with Symantec, and then shortly after I did a scan with Malwarebytes and found nothing. Everything ran fine for a few minutes until Symantec reported access from - (ssid: 23621) http tidserv request detected. This message comes about every 30 minutes or so. So I decided to read up on this virus on forums and the Symantec website. On the other forums there was mainly just log posting so that wasn't much help to me, and on the Symantec website it told me to turn off system restore and then do a scan. I did that and once again Found "Backdoor.tidserv" and "Tracking cookies", But this time it also gave me the filename: 61.tmp (Previously it was 62.tmp with S-Restore on).

Now, it's been nearly two days with this nasty virus and it seems to be getting worse. When I have sound set to "On" on my computer I can hear clicking noises and an occasional advertisement. I still get messages saying: (ssid: 23621) http tidserv request detected, and sometimes when browsing through websites it tries to redirect me to another site. I would post a log from Malwarebytes and/or symantec but I cant find out how to paste out a log from symantec, and malwarebytes didn't find any infections when I ran a scan.

Here's something worth noting. My last two Full system scans from Symantec with my System Restore off Both had "Tracking cookies" but no "Backdoor.tidserv". what is said in the paragraph above is still happening though.

Please help.

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2010 - 04:55 PM.
Moved from XP to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hello and welcome please run the tool here at the Automated Removal Instructions.
When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
How is it now?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 chris79

chris79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

I actually have started to receive help from a different site. I'm pretty sure I should just follow one instruction at a time so I'm going to stick to the other site since I already did a few steps.

Thanks for the reply though

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Absolutely.. thanks for the update. Closing this..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users